Friday, January 29, 2010

All I could do is put a seashell to your ear.


So I got the job. I am now a customer service representative at TD bank.
YAY.
I don't start until the 3rd week of February.
The process of getting employment at a bank is ridiculously long and tedious, but (hopefully) worth it.
I now have to buy some adult clothing, such as dress pants and skirts. I have googled "how to dress for work" quite a bit in the last little while. I read an article in the new york times today that said pantsuits were the ugliest thing a woman could wear and were unfeminine. I disagree and want to punch the writer of the article (who was a women, fyi).
Women are so mean to each other. Every single woman I know hates on other women at least once a day ( I am not an exception to this observation).
It's sad.

On a more positive note, my school might go on strike.

Side note: Obviously the above statement was meant to be sarcastic, as it is not a positive thing (for me, at least) for my school to go on strike. Which leads me to something one of my professors said today in class. She is an extremely intelligent lady who I really respect and like to learn from, and I feel like she's an adult who I can aspire to be like. Anyways, today she said that she hates sarcasm and never uses it because it is negative and always puts someone or something down in it's process. Now as many people know, I LOVE to be sarcastic. I love it when other people are sarcastic (for the most part and only if done right). But she made me seriously question my desire to use sarcasm. Is it negative? Does it bring on negative consequences and lead to other bad things? I'm going to think about this, read some stuff about what other people think about sarcasm and get back to you (you being myself on my blog LOLz).
(I'm really into brackets tonight)

What was my point?

My school!
I went to York last year and in my last year at university, they went on strike for I think like 2 months. During this time I was very productive. I watched every single episode of 4 seasons of criminal minds at least twice, and learned the entire choreography to Beyonce's single ladies (would not recommend this - very difficult/exhausting and end result will be completely ridiculous if you're not Beyonce).
And now I go to college (because there's not much one can do with a bachelors degree in sociology) for one year, and in that one year there will most likely be a strike.

point: strikes suck.

Today my teacher told us she would give us her personal email and if we had questions about the material during the strike we could ask her. Then some guy yelled SCAB really loudly and everyone laughed and I could tell she was so embarrassed she wanted to cry and I wanted to cry with her because I felt so bad for her to have to teach fucking assholes like us when she has such an obvious burning desire to genuinely help students learn.
I like teachers like her.
But she is a scab.


I am turning 24 in 4 days. I feel lots of things about this, none that I can articulate or feel like sharing.
But I will share that I feel like 24 is going to be a great year for me.

I don't know what to do for my birthday.

This is the worst entry I've ever written.
I blame lack of sarcasm and over-use of real feelings.


Quote of the Day:
I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse.
I suspect people of plotting to make me happy.
- J.D Salinger

Picture of the Day:
Kelli tagged me in this on facebook recently. It was taken at the biodome in Montreal.

End note:
I love M. Ward.

1 comment:

  1. not might go, will go on strike! OPSEU rejected the final offer :(

    ReplyDelete